THE SECOND ANNUAL “IHEART80S PARTY” BRINGS THE BIGGEST NAMES FROM THE DECADE TOGETHER FOR STAR-STUDDED CONCERT AT SAP CENTER IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
New Kids on the Block, UB40, Colin Hay of Men At Work, Rick Astley, Starship, Eddie Money, Night Ranger at SAP Center in The Bay Area, Hosted by Martha Quinn
New York, NY – January 29, 2017 – The second annual iHeart80s Party, which featured the decade’s biggest music superstars, concluded Saturday following an evening of star-studded performances. The event celebrated some of the most beloved music icons of the ‘80s hosted by Martha Quinn and featured live performances by: New Kids on the Block, UB40, Colin Hay of Men At Work, Rick Astley, Starship, Eddie Money, Night Ranger at SAP Center in The Bay Area. The iHeart80s Party also included special guest presenters Ricky Schroder, Bellamy Young, Candace Cameron Bure, Robyn Lively, Cheryl Burke, Wendi McLendon Covey, Witney Carson, and more.
The iHeart80s Party broadcasted live on iHeartMedia Mainstream AC, HOT AC and Adult Hits radio stations nationwide.
For the second year, the iHeart80s Party brought to life the music of the iHeartRadio app and celebrated the unforgettable and influential decade with an extraordinary lineup that included the following highlights:
- – Candace Cameron of Full House and Fuller House kicked off the night introducing one of her favorite bands, New Kids On The Block who brought all the right stuff to iHeart80s Party singing “You Got It (The Right Stuff)”, “Step By Step” and more before busting a move to Salt N Peppa’s “Push It” during their set.
- – Starship performed “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” and “Sara” before lead singer Micky Thomas concluded the set saying, “Remember, we are all citizens of the world” following President Trump’s Immigration Ban.
- – 80s Icon, Rick Astley kicked off his set with a ‘Rick Roll’, pretending he was opening the show with “Never Gonna Give You Up” but instead performing “Together Forever”.
- – UB40 performed “Can’t Help Falling in Love” and had the audience feeling so fine while performing “Red Red Wine”.
- – The crowd went crazy when Ricky Schroeder introduced Eddie Money who took the stage with his children, all members of his band, singing “Two Tickets To Paradise” after the crowd joined him for a sing-a-long of his hit song, “Take Me Home Tonight”.
The iHeart80s Party is part of iHeartMedia’s incredibly successful roster of major concert events, which includes the iHeartRadio Music Festival, which features more than 20 A-list artists across every music genre converging in Vegas for two nights, on one stage; the iHeartRadio Summer Pool Party; the iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina; the nationwide iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Concert Tour; the iHeartCountry Festival; and the nationally televised iHeartRadio Music Awards, which this year generated 115 billion social media impressions.
Proud partners of the iHeart80’s Party include Jersey Mike’s Subs, Straight Talk Wireless, and UNTUCKit Men’s Apparel. The iHeart80s Party is an iHeartMedia Production.
With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S. and over 85 million social followers, iHeartMedia has the largest national reach of any radio or television outlet in America. As the leader in multiplatform connections, it also serves over 150 local markets through 858 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on tablets, wearables and smartphones, and on gaming consoles.
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 90 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service and even faster than Facebook.
iHeartMedia’s platforms include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, podcasts, personalities and influencers, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. iHeartMedia is a division of iHeartMedia, Inc. (OTCBB: IHRT). Visit iHeartMedia.com for more company information.
iHeartMedia.com | iHeartRadio.com
Reaching a quarter billion consumers every month