This special evening will provide fans with a rare opportunity to see these acclaimed singer-songwriters perform acoustic sets in the intimate setting of The Belly Up in Solana Beach, CA. Doors will open at 7:00 p.m. and the show will begin at 8 p.m. Pre-sale tickets will be available to Belly Up email list subscribers on Thursday, September 24. Tickets go on sale to the general public HERE
beginning Friday, September 25. In addition to General Admission ($50) and Loft ($75) tickets, a limited number of VIP packages – featuring a 6:30 meet and greet with Rob Machado
, Matt Nathanson, Brett Dennen, Andrew Wessen
and Timmy Curran
– will be available for $150 each. For additional information, visit http://robmachadofoundation.org/events.
Founded in 2004, the Rob Machado Foundation’s primary mission is to educate and empower young people to make sustainable choices. Machado is directly involved in its many programs, often appearing at schools and volunteer events. Through environmental education and sustainability solutions, RMF works to keep single-use plastic out of watersheds by providing water filling stations to schools and public spaces. These stations provide a clean, healthful drink option for children and community members. RMF also provides innovative trash and recycling solutions at beaches, schools and surf events to protect waterways from waste and to save recyclables from entering the landfill.
Rob Machado Foundation’s 2015 initiatives include:
- Donating 10 filtered water stations to schools in San Diego county with plans to also donate four stations to the Newport School district.
- Sponsorship of Cardiff Elementary School’s annual Ocean Week, promoting ocean education for young students. RMF will also donate reusable water bottles and stainless steel cups for the school’s Boo-by-the-Sea fundraiser, eliminating the need for single-use plastic water bottles at the event.
- Donating two outdoor recycling stations to Ocean Knoll Elementary School.
- Spearheading a record-breaking waste diversion effort at the 2015 Switchfoot Bro-Am, a beach concert/surf contest attended by 13,000 people. The efforts of 90 volunteers resulted in the collection of nearly 3,000 pounds of waste. Recycling and composting diverted 83% of the waste (1.2 tons) from the landfill.
- Serving as eco-sponsors of the Cardiff Surf Classic, providing all the recycling support for a two-day surf contest and setting up two water stations on site in order to prevent the need for single-use plastic water bottles at the October 2015 event.
About Rob Machado
Rob Machado is not just one of the world’s greatest surfers; he’s one of the sport’s most recognizable characters, a living icon who continues to expand the definition of what professional surfing is all about. Known for his Zen-like flow both on land and in the water, Machado was consistently seeded at the top of the rankings as a competitor on the ASP World Tour. With 12 career WCT victories, Machado was ranked among the top ten surfers for eleven straight years and was inducted into the Surfer’s Hall of Fame
in 2000 and re-inducted in 2006. Since his departure from the ASP tour in 2001, Machado has been one of surfing’s most committed ambassadors, roaming the globe, surfing the world’s best waves and deepening his commitment to environmental awareness.
All pertinent links:
Purchase tickets to benefit concert HERE
Official artist websites: