To mark The Beatles’ first 100 days on Spotify, we’ve pulled data that reveals how popular the Fab Four still are.
The Beatles have seen 2,793 years’ worth of listening in the first 100 days. In the UK, 61% of listeners are under the age of 35 and The Beatles were streamed more than One Direction, Ariana Grande or ZAYN over the same period (full details below).
The Beatles’ First 100 Days on Spotify
On Christmas Eve 2015 The Beatles released their catalogue onto Spotify for fans to enjoy. Today we can reveal how music fans worldwide have been listening to The Fab Four over their first 100 days on Spotify.
The Beatles in numbers:
– 6.5m monthly listeners worldwide
– 61% of listeners in the UK are under the age of 35
– The Beatles’ listeners are 65% male, 35% female
– The Beatles have been added to more than 4.2 million playlists
– There have been 2,793 years’ worth of listening in the first 100 days
– The Beatles are listened to most on a Friday
– The most popular time of day to listen is 5pm
– The Beatles were streamed more than One Direction, Ariana Grande or ZAYN over the same period
- Top 4 most listened-to tracks in the UK:
o Here Comes The Sun
o Hey Jude
o I Want To Hold Your Hand
o Twist and Shout
- Top 4 most listened-to albums in the UK:
o Abbey Road
o The Beatles
o Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Top 4 cities listening to The Beatles in the UK:
- Top 4 countries listening to The Beatles:
This week also saw the release of The Beatles’ three Anthology Music Collections, which are now available for streaming worldwide on Spotify.