START THE SUMMER OFF WITH FUN, FUN, FUN;
THE BEACH BOYS HEADLINE STARRY NIGHTS AT METROPOLITAN PARK
WITH THE JACKSONVILLE SYMPHONY SATURDAY, MAY 16
Tickets on Sale Monday, March 30
FOR IMMEDIEATE RELEASE Jacksonville, Fla. (March 25, 2015) – What better way to kick off your summer fun than with the quintessential American Band, the Beach Boys, headlining the Jacksonville Symphony’s Starry Nights on Saturday, May 16. Join in with lead singer Mike Love and keyboardist Bruce Johnston as the band plays all your surf music favorites with the Jacksonville Symphony. Gates open at 6 pm. Concert begins at 8:15 pm.
Love was an original Beach Boy handling the lead vocals on a number of the band’s mega hit tracks including “Surfin’ USA,” “Little Deuce Coupe,” “Be True To Your School,” and “I Get Around.” He also co-authored lyrics to hits with Beach Boys co-founder Brian Wilson such as “Fun, Fun, Fun,” “Good Vibrations,” and “California Girls.”
The Beach Boys first single was released in 1961. Johnston joined the band in 1965 on live performances and became a fixture soon after.
Starry Nights at Metropolitan Park is just one of the Jacksonville Symphony’s special event presentations. Guests can purchase tables, single seats or bring their own lawn chairs to enjoy the atmosphere. Gates open at 6pm and the concert begins at 8:15pm.
“I’m excited for my first Starry Nights performance,” said Robert Massey, President and CEO of the Jacksonville Symphony. “What better way to spend an evening than by enjoying such a beautiful venue along the river with THE band that symbolizes summer to so many.”
Tables of eight in Area 1 are $900 (if purchased by April 1) and include four VIP parking passes and a bottle of wine. Single seats in Area 1 are $115. Area 2 tables of eight are $560 and include 4 VIP parking passes. Single seats in Area 2 are $80. Tables of eight in Area 3 are $400 with single seats at $60.
Guests can pack their own lawn chairs, blankets and picnic baskets for lawn seating. Lawn seating is $30 advance purchase and $35 at the gate. Lawn seating for children 12 years and under $10 each, advance purchase or at gate.
Tickets go on sale Monday, March 30. For tickets, call 904.354.5547, purchase online at JaxSymphony.org, or visit the Symphony Ticket Office at the Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts (hours are 10 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday).
For more information about the Jacksonville Symphony, visit www.Facebook.com/JaxSymphony, follow on Twitter @JaxSymphony and on Instagram at JaxSymphony.
- Concerts take place rain or shine, unless conditions endanger the safety of artists and the public.
- All sales are final, no refunds or exchanges.
- Program, date, and artists are subject to change.
- Metropolitan Park is located on the St. Johns River in Downtown Jacksonville, at Gator Bowl Drive, across from EverBank Field and adjacent to WJCT.
- Food, beer, wine, soda, and bottled water are available to purchase in the park. Pre-order a picnic basket from Biscotti’s by calling 904.387.2060. Or purchase food in the park from local food trucks including: Bono’s Bar-B-Q, Cely’s, Le Petite Cheri Cupcakery, Mama’s Food, Mister Softee, Rat Race Phillies, Sweeto Burrito, and The Cat’s Meow.
What to bring:
- Pack your lawn chairs, blankets, and picnic baskets.
What NOT to bring:
- Due to city ordinances, alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the park. Glass containers (such as bottles, condiment jars, and candle holders) are prohibited. Umbrellas are prohibited. Audio/visual recording equipment and personal recording devices are prohibited. All bags and coolers will be checked prior to entering the park.