Sarasota County seeking advisory board volunteers
SARASOTA COUNTY – Sarasota County Government is inviting the public to volunteer for one of its many advisory board opportunities, including the Water and Sewer Advisory Committee, which has seven current vacancies.
The purpose of the Water and Sewer Advisory Committee is to provide citizen input to the Public Utilities Department and to advise the county commission regarding water, reclaimed water and wastewater operations, budgets, rules, regulations and policies.
Potential members should have a background in the water and/or wastewater industry, or a background in accounting, management, engineering, customer service, billing or regulatory experience. Members must be Sarasota County residents, but may not be employed by Sarasota County Government or any municipality within the county. The committee meets every other month at the Sarasota County Operations Center (1001 Sarasota Center Blvd.) and members serve three-year terms.
The Water and Sewer Advisory Committee is one of more than 30 citizen advisory boards in Sarasota County, each with a specific focus in areas including economic development, the environment, libraries and health and human services. Other boards with current vacancies include the following:
- Board of Zoning Appeals (2 vacancies)
- Building Code Board of Adjustments and Appeals (4 vacancies)
- Development Services Advisory Committee (1 vacancy)
- Fire-Rescue and Emergency Medical Services Advisory Board (1 vacancy)
- General Contractors Licensing and Examining Board (3 vacancies)
- Human Services Advisory Council (2 vacancies)
- Integrated Pest Management Advisory Board (5 vacancies)
- Keep Sarasota County Beautiful Advisory Board (4 vacancies)
- Mechanical Contractors Licensing and Examining Board (6 vacancies)
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizens Advisory Committee (1 vacancy)
- Public Facilities Financing Advisory Board (4 vacancies)
- Sarasota Tree Advisory Council (2 vacancies)
- Seniors Advisory Council (1 vacancy)
- Waterways Advisory Council (2 vacancies)
- Well Drilling Advisory Board (1 vacancy)
To learn more about specific advisory board volunteer opportunities, including a list of all boards, vacancies, specific membership requirements and to submit an application, visit the Sarasota County Advisory Boards web page , where you can also learn more about the Water and Sewer Advisory Committee.
Or, you can call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000 and ask about volunteer opportunities, or visit www.scgov.net.