Sarasota County seeking advisory board volunteers
SARASOTA COUNTY – Sarasota County Government is inviting the public to volunteer for one of its many advisory board opportunities, including the Sarasota Tree Advisory Council, which has two current vacancies – one for a development, construction or property management professional and one for a citizen at large.
The purpose of the Sarasota Tree Advisory Council is to advise the Sarasota County Commission on the conservation and management of trees and canopy, and to recommend and help prioritize specific planting projects. Council members serve three-year terms.
The Sarasota Tree Advisory Council is one of more than 30 citizen advisory boards in Sarasota County, each with a specific focus in areas including economic development, the environment, libraries and health and human services. Other boards with current vacancies include the following:
- Building Code Board of Adjustments and Appeals
- Development Services Advisory Committee
- Fire-Rescue and Emergency Medical Services Advisory Board
- General Contractors Licensing and Examining Board
- Historical Commission
- Human Services Advisory Council
- Integrated Pest Management Advisory Board
- Keep Sarasota County Beautiful Advisory Board
- Library Advisory Board
- Mechanical Contractors Licensing and Examining Board
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizens Advisory Committee
- Public Facilities Financing Advisory Board
- Well Drilling Advisory Board
To learn more about specific advisory board volunteer opportunities, including a list of all boards, vacancies, specific membership requirements and to submit an application, visit the Sarasota County Advisory Boards web page, where you can also learn more about the Sarasota Tree Advisory Council.
Or, you can call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000 and ask about volunteer opportunities.