ROBINSONS REFRESH’D PARTNERS WITH SPOTIFY TO LAUNCH TECH FIRST
Users can hit refresh on their playlist this summer and be served up new tracks based on old favourites
29th June 2017: Robinsons launches two firsts this summer, new Robinsons Refresh’d, their first on-the-go drink made with 100% naturally sourced ingredients to keep the nation refreshed, and now the new Robinsons Refresh’d Spotify hub, to refresh Spotify users’ music too.
This hub functionality, which launched this month is a technological first for Spotify. Robinsons, which is owned by leading soft drinks company Britvic, is incredibly excited to be a part of the innovation, which perfectly targets the new product’s 25-35-year-old audience.
The hub’s functionality includes:
- A range of video, display and audio ads drive traffic towards a branded hub within Spotify (mobile and desktop)
- After connecting their Spotify account, users can choose a playlist (min. 20 tracks) to have ‘Refresh’d’
- Users choose their five favourite tracks which are then used to formulate a recommended playlist
- The user’s bespoke new ‘Refresh’d’ playlist can then be listened to, or shared with friends
Kevin McNair GB Marketing Director, Britvic said: “Robinsons has a rich heritage, established in 1823, but fast forward to 2017 we’re delighted to be pushing forward and driving new innovations in the marketing category. We’re hugely proud of this partnership and the tech behind it, and can’t wait to help inspire new refreshing summer soundtracks for Spotify users this summer.”
Greg Jarvis, Director of Sales UK, Spotify comments: “Spotify is thrilled to partner with Britvic to help promote the launch of their new product: Robinsons Refresh’d. Robinsons is using the full suite of Spotify’s market-leading audio, video and display ads to promote Robinsons Refresh’d, and to encourage consumer engagement with a bespoke hub that hosts a seasonally relevant playlist refresher. The playlist refresher takes our API technology one step further by allowing users to customise the output based on their favourite artists. We look forward to the success of this campaign and a continued partnership with Britvic.”
- Robinsons Refresh’d contains a minimum of 21% fruit juice from concentrate. Contains naturally occurring sugars
- Robinsons Refresh’d has successfully launched in market, selling over one million bottles since its’ launch 10 weeks ago, and we have now launched a brand new television advert, driving consumers to purchase a bottle of our Refreshing taste!
- With a £3.5million media plan for summer 2017, Robinsons Refresh’d is set to keep queue goers at Wimbledon Refresh’d with in hand sampling, and across the nation. The summer plan also includes digital and social, and gold in-store execution, running from June until August.
 Source: Nielsen Scantrack, Total Coverage 13.05.17; Internal weekly Volume, 22.05.17