RANGERS TO HOST ORIOLES, REDS, & RED SOX
DURING SIX-GAME HOMESTAND, JUNE 20-26
Four giveaways and Friday post-game fireworks highlight the homestand
Arlington, Texas—The Texas Rangers return home to face the Baltimore Orioles, Cincinnati Reds, and Boston Red Sox in a six game homestand that begins on Monday, June 20.
The Rangers and Orioles will play on Monday, June 20 at 7:05 p.m. in a makeup game from the postponement on Sunday, April 17. As a reminder, fans holding tickets to the April 17 rainout may use them for Monday night’s contest. The first 7,500 fans, 13 and under entering Globe Life Park on Monday will receive a pair of PowerAde Zero Delino DeShields Socks. That giveaway was originally scheduled for April 17.
The Reds come to Arlington for a pair of interleague games on Tuesday and Wednesday, June 21-22, both at 7:05 p.m. The first 15,000 fans entering the park on Tuesday get a 2016 Texas Rangers Yearbook, which was just published this week and contains a Salute to Youth Baseball. Prior to Tuesday’s game, over 20 members of the 1996 Texas Rangers, the first playoff team in franchise history, will be recognized on-field. First baseman Will Clark will join Rangers Hall of Famers Rusty Greer and Ivan Rodriguez in the first pitch ceremony. June 22 is Texas Chili Company Dollar Hot Dog Night and Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for youngsters 13 and under.
The Red Sox close the homestand with games on Friday, June 24 at 7:05 p.m., Saturday, June 25 at 8:20 p.m., and Sunday, June 26 at 2:05 p.m. The late start time on Saturday is due to national television restrictions. Several thousand reserved seats remain for the Friday and Saturday games.
On Friday, the first 20,000 fans entering the park will receive a pair of Papa John’s Major League Glasses. The post-game fireworks show will be to music of baseball movies. Recently retired outfielder David Murphy, who played with the Rangers from 2007-13, will be honored pre-game and will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
On Saturday, the first 40,000 fans entering the Globe Life Park gates get a TOTAL/Big Green Egg Rally Towel. Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz, who has announced his retirement effective at the end of 2016, will be recognized in a pre-game ceremony. The homestand concludes with Blue Bell Ice Cream Sunday for youngsters 13 and under.
Tickets can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Monday, June 20 vs. Baltimore Orioles – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD MAKEUP GAME FROM APRIL 17
- PowerAde Zero Delino DeShields Socks giveaway (first 7,500, 13 and younger)
- May A.L. Rookie of the Month presentation to Nomar Mazara pre-game
- May Rangers Player of the Month presentation to Ian Desmond pre-game
- Raising Cane’s Kids Take the Field
- Banner commemorating Cole Hamels’ 2,000 strikeouts will be dropped from the CF office building at the end of the 1st inning
Tuesday, June 21 vs. Cincinnati Reds – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- 2016 Texas Rangers Yearbooks giveaway (first 15,000)
- On-field recognition of 1996 Texas Rangers pregame
- Tarleton State University Night
- Ceremonial first pitches by 1996 Rangers Will Clark, Rusty Greer, and Ivan Rodriguez and by Dr. F. Dominic Dottavio, President of Tarleton State University
Wednesday, June 22 vs. Cincinnati Reds – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- Texas Chili Company Dollar Hot Dog Night
- Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday (13 and younger)
- Pre-game recognition to honor Jesuit Dallas High School 2016 State Class 6A baseball champions
- Hamels’ Heroes – for each of Cole Hamels’ projected home starts, special tickets in Section 9 are available with T-shirts and K-cards
Friday, June 24 vs. Boston Red Sox – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- Papa John’s Major League Glasses giveaway (first 20,000)
- Post-game Fireworks with a Baseball Movie theme
- Pre-game ceremony and first pitch by former Rangers outfielder David Murphy
- Bobby Jones, the Rangers nominee for the 2016 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award, will be honored pre-game
- Baylor University Night
- National Anthem performed by Rebecca Hart
- Flyover by Cavanaugh Flight Museum following the National Anthem
- New Era Alumni Alley—pitcher Todd Van Poppel, 6:00-6:45 p.m.
Saturday, June 25 vs. Boston Red Sox – 8:20 p.m. – FSSW-HD Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
- TOTAL/Big Green Egg Rally Towels giveaway (first 40,000)
- Pre-game ceremony to honor Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz
- National Anthem and God Bless America performed by country music artist Dion Pride
- New Era Alumni Alley—pitcher Darren Oliver, 7:15-8:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 26 vs. Boston Red Sox – 2:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD Gates open at 12:30 p.m.
- Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and younger)
- Raising Cane’s Kids Take the Field
- Ceremonial first pitch by Chief of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Gary Batton
- National Anthem performed by Aquile, former contestant on The Voice
- God Bless America performed by Rachel Stacy
- Run the Bases post-game