RANGERS TO HOST ORIOLES AND ASTROS DURING SEVEN-GAME HOMESTAND, APRIL 14-21
Jackie Robinson Day, Six Giveaways, and Fireworks featured during the homestand
Arlington, Texas—The Texas Rangers return to Globe Life Park for a seven-game homestand against the Baltimore Orioles and Houston Astros beginning Thursday, April 14.
The Orioles make their lone regular season trip to Arlington for a four-game series with contests on Thursday, April 14 at 7:05 p.m., Friday, April 15 at 7:05 p.m., Saturday, April 16 at 7:05 p.m., and Sunday, April 17 at 2:05 p.m.
Each game of the series with Baltimore features a giveaway, beginning Thursday with the first Papa John’s Texas Rangers Throwback Thursday Collector Pin. The first pin in a series of seven, it features the Rangers 1972 logo to commemorate the team’s win in the franchise’s first home game at Arlington Stadium.
The giveaways continue with TXU Energy A.L. West Champs flags on Friday, Globe Life Texas Rangers adult pullovers on Saturday, and PowerAde Zero Delino DeShields socks on Sunday. Blue Bell Ice Cream Sunday makes its return to Globe Life Park on Sunday, with $1 ice cream for fans 13 and younger.
Friday also marks Jackie Robinson Day, as MLB celebrates the 69th anniversary of Robinson breaking the color barrier for the Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field. All players and coaches on both the Rangers and Orioles will wear Robinson’s retired No. 42 this night. At Globe Life Park, the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation will present checks to the Dallas Black Chamber, Fort Worth Black Chamber, and The United Negro College Fund as part of pre-game ceremonies to commemorate Jackie Robinson Day.
A post-game fireworks show, sponsored by TXU Energy, will conclude Friday’s festivities.
The Astros will be at Globe Life Park for the first installment of the 2016 Lone Star Series presented by the Texas Lottery on Tuesday April 19, Wednesday, April 20, and Thursday, April 21, with all three games at 7:05 p.m.
On Tuesday, the first 15,000 receive an AT&T Jeff Banister A.L. Manager of the Year Bobblehead. April 20 is Texas Chili Company Dollar Hot Dog Night and Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday. The homestand concludes on Thursday with another Papa John’s Texas Rangers Throwback Thursday Collector Pin, this time commemorating the club’s first American League West Championship in 1996.
Tickets can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Thursday, April 14 vs. Baltimore Orioles – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW+
- Papa John’s Texas Rangers Throwback Thursday Collector Pin (1st 10,000 fans)
- Cowboys wide receiver and SMU alumni Cole Beasley will throw out a ceremonial first pitch for SMU Night
- Hamels’ Heroes – for each of Hamels’ home starts, special tickets in Section 9 are available with T-shirts and K-cards
Friday, April 15 vs. Baltimore Orioles – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- TXU Energy A.L. West Champs Flag (1st 15,000 fans)
- TXU Energy Post-Game Fireworks Show
- New Era Alumni Alley—Rangers Hall of Famer Pudge Rodriguez, 5:15-6:00 p.m.
- TCU Night featuring new men’s head basketball coach Jamie Dixon and quarterback Bram Kohlhausen throwing out first pitches
- Jackie Robinson Day check presentation
- National Anthem performed by Nia Thompkins, 12-year-old singer and actor from the NIA Kids Center for the Performing Arts in Desoto, Texas
- Post-game step performances by Alpha Phi Alpha, Incorporated and Sam Houston High School steppers
Saturday, April 16 vs. Baltimore Orioles – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW+
- Globe Life Texas Rangers Adult Pullover (1st 15,000 fans, 14 and older)
- New Era Alumni Alley—Rangers Hall of Famer Jeff Russell, 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- National Anthem and God Bless America performed by Dave Cave
Sunday, April 17 vs. Baltimore Orioles – 2:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD Gates open at 12:30 p.m.
- Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and younger)
- Youth Baseball Parade
- Raising Cane’s Kids Take the Field
- PowerAde Zero Delino DeShields socks (1st 7,500 fans, 13 and younger)
- National Anthem performed by Rhett Miller, member of the Old 97’s
- Kids Run the Bases
Tuesday, April 19 vs. Houston Astros – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- AT&T Jeff Banister A.L. Manager of the Year Bobblehead (1st 15,000 fans)
- Autism Awareness night
- National Anthem performed by Dallas Coleman, a Rangers fan who has autism
Wednesday, April 20 vs. Houston Astros – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW+
- Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday (all fans)
- Texas Chili Company Dollar Hot Dog Night
- Wylie High School Choir
Thursday, April 21 vs. Houston Astros – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- Ceremonial first pitch by Cleatus Lebow, 92-year-old World War II veteran and survivor of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis