Week of December 27, 2015 – January 2, 2016
In this week’s highlights:
- On-air Picks of the Week
- New and Notable Videos
- Local Connections Google Map
- PBS Primetime Schedule, Sunday-Saturday
On-air Picks of the Week
- *NEW* ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Treasures on the Move” premieres Monday, December 28, 2015, 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* IN DEFENSE OF FOOD premieres Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER “New York Philharmonic New Year’s Eve: La Vie Parisienne” premieres December 31, 2015, 8:00-9:30 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* SHERLOCK ON MASTERPIECE: THE ABOMINABLE BRIDE premieres Friday, January 1, 2016, 9:00 p.m. ET.
New and Notable Video
- INDEPENDENT LENS “East of Salinas” full-length episode. Premieres Monday, December 28, 2015, 10:00-11:00 p.m. ET (check local listings).
- MASTERPIECE CLASSIC “Downton Abbey, The Final Season” preview. Premieres Sundays, January 3-February 21; finale March 6, 2016, 9:00 p.m. ET.
- MERCY STREET “There is Mercy” preview. Premieres Sundays, January 17-February 2016, 10:00-11:00 p.m. ET.
Local Connections Google Map
- Below is a link to our Local Connections Google Map, which includes information connecting national programs to local markets. Visit the map at: http://ow.ly/clSq7.
We will update this map weekly, so be sure to check back for updates.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2015
THE MANNERS OF DOWNTON ABBEY: A MASTERPIECE SPECIAL (MDAB) (HD) (TV-PG) (R)
MASTERPIECE CLASSIC “Downton Abbey, Season 5: Episode 9” (#4509) (HD) (TV-PG) (R)
@masterpiecepbs | #DowntonPBS
MONDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2015
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Junk in the Trunk 3” (#1721) (HD) (TV-G) (R)
*NEW* ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Treasures on the Move” (#1935) (HD) (TV-G)
Travel through air, sea, land—and time—in this special that includes a $45,000 treasure!
*NEW* INDEPENDENT LENS “East of Salinas” (#1704) (HD) (TV-PG)
Meet José, a bright third grader, and his dedicated teacher, both sons of migrant farm workers.
@IndependentLens | #IndieLens
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2015
PROHIBITION “A Nation of Hypocrites” (#103) (HD) (TV-PG) (R)
FRONTLINE “Escaping ISIS” (#3312) (HD) (EXEMPT) (R)
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2015
NATURE “Animal Misfits” (#3201) (HD) (TV-PG) (R)
*NEW* IN DEFENSE OF FOOD (IDOF) (HD) (TV-PG)
Join Michael Pollan on a fascinating journey to find out what we should eat to be healthy.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2015
*NEW* LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER “New York Philharmonic New Year’s Eve: La Vie
Parisienne” (#4009) (HD) (TV-G)
Ring in the new year with the sounds of Paris, featuring music by Ravel, Offenbach and Saint-Saëns.
MICHAEL FEINSTEIN’S NEW YEAR’S EVE AT THE RAINBOW ROOM (MFNY) (HD) (TV-G) (R)
FRIDAY, JANUARY 1, 2016
2:30-4:00 PM and 7:30-9:00 PM:
*NEW* GREAT PERFORMANCES “From Vienna: The New Year’s Celebration 2016” (GPER) (#4102) (HD)
Celebrate the new year with the Vienna Philharmonic and tour the city with host Julie Andrews.
*NEW* SHERLOCK ON MASTERPIECE: THE ABOMINABLE BRIDE (MAST) (#4610) (HD)
Rejoin Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman in another case for Holmes and Watson—in the 1890s.
A SALUTE TO DOWNTON ABBEY (#ASDA) (HD) (EXEMPT) (R)
SATURDAY, JANUARY 2, 2016
AUSTIN CITY LIMITS “Alabama Shakes/Vintage Trouble” (#4107) (TV-PG) (HD)
Thrill to the rocking R&B sounds of Alabama Shakes and Vintage Trouble.
PBS PressRoom: www.pbs.org/pressroom
PBS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pbs
PBS YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/pbs
PBS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/pbspressroom
The Kennedy Center Mark Twain Prize celebrates Eddie Murphy
Watch on Monday November 23 at 9/8C Only on PBS