Registration for Kids’ Summer Beach Runs starts June 1
|Get ready to run for fun at Sarasota County beaches this summer!|
SARASOTA COUNTY – Parents who are looking for healthy activities for their kids this summer will find it at the Kids’ Summer Beach Runs, presented by Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources, and New Balance Sarasota.
Free early registration will be offered to the first 100 kids who register at the New Balance Sarasota, New Balance University Park and Fleet Feet Sports Sarasota stores, from 3-7 p.m., on Wednesday, June 1. The one-time, $1 registration fee will be paid by New Balance Sarasota for registrations collected at these locations only.
The Kids’ Summer Beach Runs are offered every week this summer beginning Tuesday, June 7, at Siesta Beach, 948 Beach Road, Siesta Key; and Wednesday, June 8, at Brohard Beach, 1600 Harbor Dr., Venice.
At Siesta Beach, registration will be at the picnic pavilion near the playground, and in Venice the registration will be near Fins at Sharky’s.
Beach Run Information:
- Registration at each location begins at 5:30 p.m.
- The one-mile runs start promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- The Siesta Beach Run is on Tuesdays.
- The Venice Beach Run is on Wednesdays.
- A one-time registration fee of $1 lets kids participate in as many beach runs as they want.
Kids are encouraged to dress up to match the theme and earn a prize. Themed photo opportunities will be offered each week.
- June 7, 8 Team Spirit
- June 14, 15 Tortoise and the Hare
- June 21, 22 Shiver Me Timbers
- June 28, 29 Shark Week
- July 5, 6 Red, White and Race
- July 12, 13 Comic Book Hero
- July 19, 20 Tropical Tide
- July 26, 27 Christmas in July
- Aug. 2, 3 Buckaroo Round-up
- Aug. 9, 10 60’s Beach Bash
Kids who complete four runs receive a free event T-shirt and a 50-percent-off voucher for a pair of New Balance Kids shoes. The runs can be completed at either location. All runners receive a ribbon and a free ice-pop each time they participate.
For more information, call the Sarasota County Call Center at 941-861-5000 and ask about the Kids’ Summer Beach Runs or visit parksonline.scgov.net.