Local Resort Enhances Amenities for Added Comfort, Relaxation and Sophisticated Dining
For Modern Business and Leisure Travelers
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. (Nov. 21, 2016) – Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort is thrilled to reveal the details of a $22 million renovation that will transform nearly every aspect of the resort – from introducing two new restaurants to the Chicagoland dining scene, adding a full-service Starbucks Café, new spa, and renovating all of the resort guest rooms. The iconic hotel, managed by The Bricton Group and home of the award-winning Marriott Theatre, will embark on the transformation starting December 2016.
“Guest needs have changed, and we’re changing to delight them with unprecedented comfort and flexibility,” said Eric Bates, general manager of the Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort. “We’re marrying the sophistication of the Marriott brand with local, personalized touches. Everything will be transformed, from the restaurants, to the guest rooms and lobby, and we’ll be adding entirely new experiences like two new, innovative restaurants, and a serene spa.”
The Gettys Group – an award-winning global design firm – is leading the design of the project, implementing modern technology and amenities throughout the resort to meet the needs of today’s leisure and business travelers. The renovation will be completed in concurrent stages with as minimal interruption to resort travelers and events as possible. The entire project is expected to be completed in less than seven months, with a grand-reopening slated for the second half of 2017.
“We’re honored to be leading the renovation design of one of Chicagoland’s most famous properties,” said Roger Hill, Chairman and CEO of The Gettys Group. “We’ve integrated exciting, modern touches into the resort’s updated design, including a luxurious spa, elegant porte cochere to welcome guests, and functional guest rooms to ensure comfort for all travelers.”
One of the major changes will be the complete overhaul of the King’s Wharf restaurant space. Acknowledging the many patrons who hold fond memories of dining in the restaurant, King’s Wharf will celebrate its 40 years of service by holding an auction of the restaurant’s unique décor and memorabilia, in mid-December.
Marriott Hotels brand is amid a massive transformation, evolving everything from hotel design to associate training. The Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort represents this evolution, echoing the sentiment that guests value personalized experiences and creativity. “The goal of the resort transformation is to provide brilliant spaces that inspire guests –whether they are looking for a reprieve from daily life, or a place to connect, work or socialize with others.” Bates said.
Details of the renovation include the following:
- Greatroom. The Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort will feature the Marriott Greatroom lobby – a stylish hub of the hotel that serves as a great social gathering place that transitions from day to night. The contemporary décor and layout provides guests with a space to work, relax, collaborate with colleagues, and grab a meal or night cap. Guests can enjoy a variety of great food and drink options as well as seamless connectivity with free wi-fi and essential technology to accommodate the next generation of travelers.
- M Club lounge. The Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort will feature Marriott’s latest M Club Lounge, an exclusive area reserved just off the lobby for Elite and Club paying members with a variety of perks, including a range of complimentary food and beverage options featuring hot breakfast, evening drinks and hors d’oeuvres and premium beverages throughout the day. Accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the M Club Lounge offers free wi-fi, printing, and power supplies to ensure uninterrupted productivity for business travelers.
- Destination Dining Experiences. Led by executive chef Pierre Daval, two new innovative restaurant concepts will be announced in the Spring of 2017. Each of the new restaurants will feature sweet and savory fare with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients from the resort’s on-site farm and apiary, as well as locally sourced meats, produce and dairy.
- Guest rooms. All guest rooms will receive a top-to-bottom makeover to create a relaxing environment with considerate details. The reimagined rooms offer a spacious and upgraded look complete with tailored solutions that are based on consumer insights, while locally-inspired accents offer a sense of place and connection to the resorts 175 acres of natural beauty just outside the new windows. Each room will visually expand through horizontal planes, creating a restful, soothing environment that invites guests to unwind and relax. Marriott’s modern design includes platform beds to align with seating; contemporary wall graphics with jade and teal schemes; supportive seating to cater to various guest activities (working, relaxing, eating, etc.) and flexible work spaces. In most king bedded accommodations, bathtubs have been replaced with deluxe walk-in showers and bright, spa-like lighting to provide a relaxed and upgraded bath experience.
- Spa. A serene new spa will treat guests to the latest beauty and relaxation services. The spa will be especially beneficial for the thousands of guests celebrating weddings and special events at the hotel each year. Our golfers massage will be the perfect complement to the resorts 18 hole Cranes Landing PGA golf course.
- Dramatic Welcome. The porte cochère – the front entrance of the resort, will be completely removed and modernized. Featuring a soaring, sky-lit structure, the resort porte cochere will introduce guests to the style enhancements that await inside.
- Technology. The Marriott brand is in the midst of a massive transformation, evolving everything from hotel design to associate training. Last year, Marriott Hotels delighted travelers with its global roll-out of its industry-pioneering two-way chat feature Mobile Request on the Marriott Mobile App. In guest rooms, a first-of-its kind partnership with Netflix in the summer of 2015 changed the future of in-room entertainment allowing guests to view their own content in the comfort of their guestroom. The resort transformation will include new Bluetooth-enabled guestroom locking systems which allow guests to use their cellphones as room keys if they so choose. Guests and travel enthusiasts can visit www.travelbrilliantly.com to experience the countless ways Marriott Hotels continues to innovate, to meet the needs of today’s travelers. Known for its ability to host a wide variety of events, the technology components of the meeting rooms at the resort will be updated to include the latest in high-speed internet and signal routing technology for the fastest, most reliable signal.
With so much to share, the Marriott management team will continue to provide details about the dramatic transformation of the resort. The large and experienced renovation team will minimize the impact on guests, and the resort will continue its first-class operations during the transformation period. For more information about the Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, for reservations, or to inquire about events, please visit the resort’s website at www.chicagomarriottlincolnshire.com or contact the hotel at 1.847.634.0100.
# # #
About the Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, www.chicagomarriottlincolnshire.com
Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort is a welcoming resort in Chicago’s North Shore area for business retreats, family vacations, and romantic weekends. Just a short drive from downtown Chicago and O’Hare International Airport, the hotel features 389 guest rooms and suites as well as four distinct restaurants and lounges. In addition to its’ 40,000 square feet of meeting and event space, the resort is also home to the highly acclaimed Marriott Theatre, which has been performing some of the region’s best live musical theatre for over 40 years. Guests seeking recreation options have access to the resort’s PGA golf course Crane’s Landing, tennis center, and two pools. In addition, the Des Plaines River Trail runs alongside the resort, extending 37 miles to Wisconsin, making it an ideal setting for hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
About The Bricton Group, www.bricton.com
The Bricton Group, based in Mount Prospect, Ill., is one of the leading hotel management groups in the Midwest, operating and managing more than 22 successful properties. The Bricton Group’s undivided attention to success and service in the hospitality industry includes services such as on-site management and operation, hotel business analyses, site evaluations, market demand studies and funding and lending assistance. For more information visit bricton.com.
About The Gettys Group, www.gettys.com
The Gettys Group is an award-winning global design firm with an expert understanding of the hospitality industry. The firm offers a comprehensive suite of services including interior design, procurement, branding and consulting serving clients in the Americas, Asia Pacific, the Middle East/North Africa and Europe. The Gettys Group operates at the intersection of design, implementation and strategic thinking; breathing new life into environments and reinvigorating brands. For more information, please visit www.gettys.com.
Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort
Ten Marriott Drive
Lincolnshire, Illinois 60069