Kiehl’s was honored to have a hand in Amy Poehler’s Oscar beauty this evening, courtesy of her makeup artist Brigitte Reiss-Andersen.
88th Annual Academy Awards ~ Los Angeles, CA ~
February 28, 2016
Makeup by Brigitte Reiss-Andersen for Kiehl’s Since 1851 and Elizabeth Arden
“Amy is wearing a powerful cape dress with embroidered accents of emerald, gold, and pink. I wanted to bring the same power to her eyes with rich pops of metallic makeup, and then further complement the entire look with fresh, flawless skin.”
- I tightened the skin to prep for makeup for with Kiehl’s Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque, leaving it on for 6 minutes. Then, I used Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream and Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado to nourish the skin and create a smooth base.
- To even Amy’s skin tone, I applied Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Makeup in Vanilla Shell. The foundation gave her skin a fresh, dewy glow that’s perfect for red carpet. I mixed a few drops of Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate into her foundation to add radiance and moisture.
- Next, I applied the Ceramide Cream Blush in Nectar to the apples of her cheeks for a natural flush of color.
- I chose Beautiful Color Smoky Eyes Pencil in Pine to complement the emerald in her dress. I started with a thin line at the inner corner of the eye and drew it thicker as I made my way towards the outer corner. Then, with a brush, I smudged the liner additional depth as well as for a base for the eye shadow.
- I swiped Beautiful Color Eye Shadow Duo in Tempting Taupe across the lid and in the crease, followed by Beautiful Color Eye Shadow in Shimmering Copper as a highlighter in the center of the lid from the crease to the lash line.
- For added drama and power I used Grand Entrance Mascara in Stunning Black on the top and bottom lashes.
- I prepped her lips with Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm, and adding a touch on top after the lipstick for noticeable moisture.
- For a lip that lasts all night, I used long-wear Beautiful Color Moisturizing Matte Lipstick in Nude, anchored with Beautiful Color Lip Liner in Honey.
– Brigitte Reiss-Andersen for Kiehl’s Since 1851 and Elizabeth Arden
KIEHL’S SINCE 1851
435 HUDSON STREET, 5TH FLOOR NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10014