IHEARTMEDIA PHILADELPHIA KICKS OFF BID FOR BREAST CANCER
BENEFITING THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR CANCER RESEARCH
Fundraiser to Include Live Goo Goo Dolls Benefit Concert, Plus an Online Auction of Collectibles and VIP Concert Experiences
Philadelphia, Pa. – October 7, 2016 – iHeartMedia Philadelphia will host Bid for Breast Cancer, a fundraiser to benefit the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), the world’s first and largest cancer research organization. The fundraiser will include an online auction beginning October 10 at noon through October 17, as well as a benefit concert featuring The Goo Goo Dolls on October 22 at Harrah’s Philadelphia.
Listeners, collectors and auction enthusiasts can visit Power 99, Q102, Radio 104.5, WDAS 105.3, Mix 106.1 and Smooth Jazz JJZ online to place bids on items such as a signed guitar from Bon Jovi, an autographed ukulele from twenty one pilots, as well as VIP trips to Las Vegas for concerts including Bruno Mars and Maroon 5. Tickets to the October 22 Goo Goo Dolls show are available at Ticketmaster.com, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to AACR.
“We have pulled together all the resources of our six stations to create an auction that has something for everyone to benefit a cause that’s close to our hearts,” said Brian Check, Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia Philadelphia. “AACR is known nationally and internationally for bringing together the greatest minds in cancer research, serving as a catalyst to propel cancer research and treatment forward to help patients worldwide. As a go-to resource in cancer, the AACR’s expertise has helped guide Vice President Biden and the National Cancer Moonshot Initiative.”
“Cancer touches nearly everyone, and it is incumbent upon us to fund innovation so that we can eradicate this insidious disease,” said Mitch Stoller, executive director, AACR Foundation. “However, cancer is not just one disease, rather it is more than 200 diseases. The AACR and its 37,000 members are at the forefront of the quest to prevent and cure all types of cancer, including breast cancer, which is the second most common cause of cancer-related death among women in the United States. Thanks to this exceptional effort by iHeartMedia Philadelphia and the support of the community in this Bid for Breast Cancer, the AACR will be able to help support the research needed to save more lives from cancer,” added Stoller.
Auction items include:
- Ukulele autographed by twenty one pilots’ Mitchell Soprano
- Fender Squier Standard Tele Guitar autographed by Coldplay
- Epiphone Limited Edition Special-I P90 Electric Guitar autographed by Green Day
- Fender Squier Affinity Tele Guitar autographed by Mumford & Sons
- Fender Squier Affinity Strat LPB Guitar autographed by Blink-182
- Epiphone Jr. Single Cut Vintage Sunburst Electric Guitar autographed by 5 Seconds of Summer
- Fender Squier Bullet Strat with Tremolo HSS Guitar autographed by Bon Jovi
- Guitar autographed by Meghan Trainor
- Vinyl of “How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful” autographed by Florence + the Machine
- CD Set autographed by Keith Sweat, Kindred the Family Soul and Will Downing
- #17 Jersey autographed by Wayne Simmonds from Philadelphia Flyers Hockey
- Football autographed by Connor Barwin from Philadelphia Eagles
- Philadelphia Phillies Prize Pack autographed by Markel Franco, Ryan Howard, and Vince Velasquez
- Philly International Records 40th Anniversary Box Set autographed by Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff
- Shoes autographed by Patti LaBelle
- Puma Shoes autographed by Meek Mill
- “Born and Raised” Lyric Book autographed by John Mayer
- Billy Joel Set List from the Washington, D.C. show on July 30 at Nationals Park autographed by Billy Joel
- Framed & CMT Crossroads Poster autographed by Carrie Underwood and Steven Tyler
- Coffee Table Book autographed by Lady Gaga
Special experiences include:
- New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas with Maroon 5
- Alessia Cara Autographed Microphone and Tickets to Q102 Jingle Ball with an Alessia Cara Meet and Greet Experience
- New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas with Bruno Mars
- A day with Andy Grammer
- Lunch with Shaggy provided by iHeartRadio
About iHeartMedia Philadelphia:
iHeartMedia Philadelphia owns and operates WDAS-FM, WDAS-AM, WIOQ-FM, WISX-FM, WRFF-FM and WUSL-FM, and is part of iHeartMedia Inc. With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S. and over 85 million social followers, iHeartMedia has the largest national reach of any radio or television outlet in America. As the leader in multiplatform connections, it also serves over 150 local markets through 858 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on tablets, wearables and smartphones, and on gaming consoles.
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 90 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service and even faster than Facebook.
iHeartMedia’s platforms include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, podcasts, personalities and influencers, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. iHeartMedia is a division of iHeartMedia, Inc. (OTCBB: IHRT). Visit iHeartMedia.com for more company information.
About the American Association for Cancer Research:
Founded in 1907, the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is the world’s first and largest professional organization dedicated to advancing cancer research and its mission to prevent and cure cancer. AACR membership includes more than 37,000 laboratory, translational, and clinical researchers; population scientists; other health care professionals; and patient advocates residing in 108 countries. The AACR marshals the full spectrum of expertise of the cancer community to accelerate progress in the prevention, biology, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer by annually convening more than 30 conferences and educational workshops, the largest of which is the AACR Annual Meeting with nearly 19,500 attendees. In addition, the AACR publishes eight prestigious, peer-reviewed scientific journals and a magazine for cancer survivors, patients, and their caregivers. The AACR funds meritorious research directly as well as in cooperation with numerous cancer organizations. As the Scientific Partner of Stand Up To Cancer, the AACR provides expert peer review, grants administration, and scientific oversight of team science and individual investigator grants in cancer research that have the potential for near-term patient benefit. The AACR actively communicates with legislators and other policymakers about the value of cancer research and related biomedical science in saving lives from cancer. For more information about the AACR, visit www.AACR.org.
reaching a quarter billion consumers every month