WalletHub Press Release
With nearly a third of all nonretirees having no retirement savings or pension because many simply cannot afford to contribute to any type of plan, the personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis that identifies 2016’s Best & Worst States to Retire.
To help retirees find a retirement-friendly home that won’t break the bank, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 24 key metrics. Our data set ranges from the adjusted cost of living to the number of various entertainment options per capita to public-hospital rankings.
Retiring in Florida (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 26th – Adjusted Cost of Living
- 8th – Annual Cost of In-Home Services
- 10th – WalletHub ‘Taxpayer’ Ranking
- 15th – Museums per Capita
- 6th – Theaters per Capita
- 1st – % of the Population Aged 65 & Older
- 22nd – Life Expectancy
- 1st – Number of Golf Courses per Capita
For the full report, please visit: