EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT TO RELEASE
THE WAR ZONE – CENTENNIAL ANNIVERSARY SERIES
THE FIRST WORLD WAR: THE WAR TO END ALL WARS
~5DVD BOXED SET OUT JULY 22, 2014~
New York, NY (July 10, 2014)– On July 22, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release the in-depth 5DVD boxed set of The War Zone: Centennial Anniversary Series – The First World War: The War To End All Wars [MSRP $29.98].
This extensive 5DVD, packaged in a tin box set, includes over 8 hours of fascinating archival war footage. The War Zone tells the stark story of the First World War, which remains a visceral national memory 100 years after it took place. Each DVD explores a different facet of the war, highlighting key battles and events, and exploring how WWI shaped the modern world:
• Disc 1 – The Great War– this DVD explores the overall impact of WWI, from the increased industrial might which resulted in higher casualty rates than ever before to the new level of freedom and respect awarded to women for their participation, to the birth of modern Europe.
• Disc 2 – Mons 1914 / Gallipoli 1915 – Fought in August 1914, The Battle of Mons is remembered for outnumbered British forces inflicting heavy damage to the German fleet, eventually resulting in their retreat. The Gallipoli campaign (1915) was an attempt for the Allies (with Germany and Austria) to open a new front against the Ottoman Empire, and secure the passage of the Dardanelles to gain access to Russia.
• Disc 3 – The Somme 1916 / Verdun 1916 – This documentary explores one of the most important battles of WWI: The battle of The Somme in 1916. Taking place from July-November 1916, this battle left over a million soldiers dead or wounded. This disc also explores the battle of Verdun between Germany and France, which took place between February-November 1916.
• Disc 4 – Cambrai 1917 / Kaiserschlacht 1918 – The Battle of Cambrai was the first to employ the large scale deployment of tanks as a tactical weapon, paving the way for further development and domination of tanks in the battlefield for the rest of the century. Kaiserschlacht, otherwise known as Kaiser’s Battle, was the last significant German offensive of WWI. It led to the breaking of a trench war stalemate on the Western front for the first time in four years.
• Disc 5 – The Legend Of The Red Baron / Great Germany Aircraft Of World War One – Perhaps the most famous fighter pilot of all time, Manfred Von Richthofen — the Red Baron — is known as the greatest aerial ace of WWI. Credited with 80 air combat victories, he led his “Flying Circus” to unparalleled success. This disc explores his legend, as well as the stories behind the famous German fighters and bombers of the First World War.
From the evolution of trench warfare, to the most significant battles of WWI, to the utilization of tanks and airplanes changing the shape of military campaigns forever, The War Zone is an incredible rich collection which is perfect for any war historian.
Eagle Rock Entertainment is the largest producer and distributor of music programming for DVD, Blu-Ray, TV, Audio and Digital Media in the world. Eagle works directly alongside talent to produce top quality, High Definition and 3D programs, both concerts and documentaries, including The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen, The Doors, Jeff Beck, U2, Peter Gabriel, Paul McCartney and Ozzy Osbourne. Eagle is a Grammy Award winning company and has received over 30 multi-platinum, over 50 platinum and over 90 gold discs, worldwide. Eagle Rock Entertainment has offices in London, New York, Toronto, Paris and Hamburg.
For more information regarding this and other Eagle Rock Entertainment releases, contact Carol Kaye at [email protected]. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/KayosProductionsInc.
Follow Eagle Rock Entertainment at:
# # #