Tuesday, May 19, 2015 l Game # 39
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Great Lakes Loons (16-19) at Dayton Dragons (21-17)
LH Roberth Fernandez (no record) vs. RH Wyatt Strahan (3-2, 2.41)
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Notes
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Stats
Today’s Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the second game of a four-game series. The Dragons and Loons play 11 times between May 1 and May 21 (20 game stretch).
Welcome: Hall-of-Fame shortstop Barry Larkin is in Dayton for the first three games of the current series as a special instructor.
Streaks: Dayton is 15-8 over the last 23 games. Dragons-Loons Season Series: Dragons lead, 5-3.
- Luis Gonzalez has a 13-game hitting streak (longest for Dragons since Ryan Wright had a 17-gamer in 2012). He is batting .357 over the streak, raising his average from .216 to .271.
- Brian O’Grady has a 12-game hitting streak and has hit safely in 16 of his last 17 games. He is batting .344 over the 17 games.
- Jonathan Reynoso is batting .345 with two home runs over his last 15 games.
- Brian Hunter has allowed just two earned runs this season (13 G, 16.2 IP, 4 R, 2 ER, 5 saves, 3 wins, 1.08 ERA).
- Brennan Bernardino over his last five outings: 6.2 IP, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 SO.
- Conor Krauss has allowed just two runs in 14 IP this season (11 appearances). He has not given up a run in his last four games (6.1 IP).
- The Dragons are 15-8 their last 23 games. During the 23 games, they are batting .254 with a team ERA of 2.47 (207.2 IP, 57 ER).
- The Dragons lead the Midwest League in ERA in the month of May at 2.52.
- Dragons relievers over the last 11 G: 40.1 IP, 6 ER, 1.34 ERA.
- The Dragons are 16-5 when allowing no unearned runs; 4-4 when allowing one unearned run; 1-8 when allowing two or more unearned runs.
- The Dragons are 13-2 this season when scoring the first run of the game. They are 15-3 when scoring at least four runs. They have won only three games this season when the opponent scores more than three runs (none when the opponent scores more than five).
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (All game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Wednesday, May 20 (7:00 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Grant Holmes (2-0, 3.58) at Dayton RH Tejay Antone (3-2, 2.25)
Thursday, May 21 (7:07 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Travis Oaks (2-4, 4.32) at Dayton LH Seth Varner (4-2, 3.05)