Saturday, May 2, 2015; Game # 23
Dow Diamond; Midland, Mich.; 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (12-10) at Great Lakes Loons (9-10)
RH Tyler Mahle (2-1, 2.78) vs. RH Kevin Guzman (0-2, 3.21)
Go to this link for the entire Press Box Notes packet: http://www.milb.com/documents/3/3/8/121921338/050215_GameNotes_wasy8m6f.pdf
Today’s Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the second game of a three-game series. Streaks: Dayton has won six of its last seven games. Dragons-Loons Season Series: Dayton leads, 1-0.
• Garrett Boulware over his last 4 G: 6 for 14, .429, 1 HR, 7 RBI.
• Brian O’Grady has reached base 12 times in the four games on the current road trip with five hits and seven walks, scoring six runs. He leads the league in walks with 18 and is 10 for 10 as a base stealer (second in the league).
• Wendell Soto has hit safely in four straight games, going 5 for 10 with 6 walks. He is batting .308 with a .514 on-base percentage on the year.
• Ty Washington has hit safely in all four games on the trip, going 7 for 18, .389 (2-2B, 2-3B, 5 RBI).
• Jimmy Pickens is hitting .321 over his last eight games (9 for 28).
• Seth Varner and Wyatt Strahan are both 3-1. They are two of eight MWL pitchers with 3 wins. In 22 innings, Varner has 0 BB, 24 SO.
• Brian Hunter has not allowed an earned run this season (8 G, 10.1 IP, 2 unearned runs, 2 saves).
• Jake Paulson over his last four outings including one start: 9.1 IP, 1 R, 0 BB.
• The Dragons have won six of their last seven games. With a win tonight, they will go three games over .500 for the first time in 2015.
• Dragons pitchers walked 41 batters in 21 games in April. They allowed the fewest walks in the month of any of the 120 Minor League teams currently active (all classifications).
• Dragons pitchers have walked a total of six batters during the last seven games while striking out 67.
• The Dragons current five-man rotation is a combined 10-6 with a 2.67 ERA (111.1 IP, 33 ER). All five starters have ERAs under 2.90.
• The Dragons have committed just two errors on the road trip (four games).
• Dragons opponents have scored a total of 22 runs in the Dragons 12 victories and 62 runs in the 10 Dragons losses.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (All game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Sunday, May 3 (2:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Wyatt Strahan (3-1, 2.61) at Great Lakes RH Brock Stewart (1-0, 3.00)
Monday, May 4 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne TBA at Dayton RH Tejay Antone (1-2, 2.78)
Tuesday, May 5 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne RH Thomas Dorminy (2-2, 4.71) at Dayton LH Seth Varner (3-1, 2.86)
Wednesday, May 6 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne RH Ernesto Montas (2-1, 3.26) at Dayton RH Mark Armstrong (1-1, 2.31)