Saturday, July 4, 2015 l Game # 80 (10)
Parkview Field l Fort Wayne, Ind. l 6:35 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (4-5, 43-36) at Fort Wayne TinCaps (6-3, 38-39)
RH Tyler Mahle (7-5, 3.07) vs. LH Thomas Dorminy (6-5, 4.00)
Click here for the complete Press Box Notes packet.
Today’s Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the first game of a two-game set.
Streaks: Dayton: The Dragons are 12-6 over their last 18 games. Fort Wayne: Since holding a 12-25 record on May 20, the TinCaps have gone 26-14.
- Gavin LaValley is batting .358 over his last 27 games to raise his average from .212 to .272.
- Jonathan Reynoso went 8 for 18 (.444) in the five games on the homestand. He is batting .371 for the year against left-handed pitching.
- Narciso Crook is batting .385 (10 for 26) with seven RBI in the second half.
- Dragons relievers bounced back with three perfect innings last night after giving up the go-ahead run in the ninth inning in three straight games. In the three games, the bullpen worked seven innings and allowed 13 earned runs.
- The Dragons current team ERA of 3.10 would break the club record of 3.39 from 2011. The Dragons second half ERA stands at 3.87.
- Dragons pitchers have allowed the fewest number of walks in the Midwest League this season.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (All game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Sunday, July 5 (3:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Mark Armstrong (3-2, 2.92) at Fort Wayne RH Dinelson Lamet (2-4, 3.98)
Monday, July 6 (8:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Wyatt Strahan (5-5, 3.00) at Bowling Green RH Chris Pike (7-2, 3.59)
Tuesday, July 7 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Tejay Antone (4-6, 2.45) at Bowling Green TBA
Wednesday, July 8 (7:00 p.m.): Bowling Green RH Greg Harris (5-5, 2.25) at Dayton LH Junior Morillo (1-3, 5.57)
Thursday, July 9 (7:07 p.m.): Bowling Green RH Hyrum Formo (4-3, 4.67) at Dayton RH Tyler Mahle TV: WHIO 7.2 (TWC 23, 372)