Monday, May 18, 2015 l Game # 38
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Great Lakes Loons (16-18) at Dayton Dragons (20-17)
RH Kevin Guzman (1-3, 3.38) vs. RH Tyler Mahle (2-3, 3.86)
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Notes
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Stats
Today’s Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the first game of a four-game series. The Dragons and Loons play 11 times between May 1 and May 21 (20 game stretch).
Streaks: Dayton is 14-8 over the last 22 games. Dragons-Loons Season Series: Dragons lead, 4-3.
Today’s Dragons Starting Pitcher: Tyler Mahle is a 20-year-old native of Westminster, California. Mahle was the Reds seventh round draft pick in 2013 out of high school. Last start: Wednesday at Great Lakes: No Decision, 8 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO. Notable: Mahle’s eight-inning start in his last outing was the longest by a Dayton pitcher since 2008…Mahle has walked one batter or less in six of his seven starts.
- Luis Gonzalez has a 12-game hitting streak (team high for 2015). He is batting .365 over the streak, raising his average from .216 to .271.
- Brian O’Grady has an 11-game hitting streak and has hit safely in 15 of his last 16 games. He is batting .328 over the 16 games.
- Jonathan Reynoso is batting .370 with two home runs over his last 14 games.
- Garrett Boulware is batting .341 over his last 12 games with two home runs and 10 RBI.
- Brian Hunter has allowed just one earned run this season (12 G, 15.2 IP, 3 R, 1 ER, 4 saves, 3 wins, 0.57 ERA).
- Brennan Bernardino over his last five outings: 6.2 IP, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 SO.
- Conor Krauss has allowed just two runs in 14 IP this season (11 appearances). He has not given up a run in his last four games (6.1 IP).
- Dragons relievers over the last 10 G: 38.1 IP, 5 ER, 1.17 ERA.
- The Dragons are 15-5 when allowing no unearned runs; 4-4 when allowing one unearned run; 1-8 when allowing two or more unearned runs.
- The Dragons are 12-2 this season when scoring the first run of the game. They are 15-3 when scoring at least four runs.
- The Dragons have come from behind to win in 10 of their 20 victories this season (all deficits were no more than two runs).
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (All game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Tuesday, May 19 (7:00 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Brock Stewart (2-2, 2.84) at Dayton RH Wyatt Strahan (3-2, 2.41)
Wednesday, May 20 (7:00 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Grant Holmes (2-0, 3.58) at Dayton RH Tejay Antone (3-2, 2.25)
Thursday, May 21 (7:07 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Travis Oaks (2-4, 4.32) at Dayton LH Seth Varner (4-2, 3.05)