Discover Weekly Reaches Nearly 5 Billion Tracks Streamed Since Launch
Over 40 Million Users Have Tuned in To Listen To Discover Weekly on Spotify
You heard that right. Thanks to over 40 million listeners who love Discover Weekly, nearly 5 billion tracks have been streamed since it launched in June of 2015. Updated every Monday morning, Discover Weekly gives you the best-ever music recommendations, tailored specifically to you and delivered as a weekly mixtape of awesome, completely personalised music. You now officially have a reason to look forward to Mondays!
Here’s a look at how Spotify users are keeping their listening fresh with Discover Weekly:
- More than half of all Discover Weekly listeners come back the following week.
- More than half of all Discover Weekly listeners stream at least 10 tracks from it each week.
- More than half of Discover Weekly listeners go on to save at least one song to their own playlist.
- Discover Weekly is most popular with the 25-34 age group, closely followed by the 55+ age group.
- The top three genres streamed from Discover Weekly since its launch are 1) pop 2) indietronica 2) indie pop.
- Sweden, Switzerland and Germany are the countries most engaged with Discover Weekly.
- The peak streaming on Mondays occurs at 8:00-9:00 am local time in the U.K.
Discover Weekly isn’t just about giving listeners personalised music; it’s also benefiting artists and helping them to be, well, discovered. There are over 8,000 artists for whom more than half of their listeners in the last month were from Discover Weekly alone.
Several artists like BØRNS and Halsey have been discovered by over a million new listeners through Discover Weekly. And other artists like Transviolet, TastyTreat, and Safakash — all of whom have over half their monthly listeners coming from Discover Weekly — have used that bump to meaningfully grow their fanbase.
A billion thank yous to the fans who have made Discover Weekly a phenomenon. The entire Discover Weekly team couldn’t be more excited about all of the music you discover, listen to and share every day through Discover Weekly.
Here’s to Mondays and even more music discovery. Remember, the more you listen, the better your Discover Weekly gets!
Global Top Discover Weekly Tracks
- LANY – ILYSB
- Parson James – Stole the Show
- Lucy Rose – Shiver
- The Apache Relay – Katie Queen Of Tennessee
- Sam Smith – Lay Me Down – Flume Remix
- Jaymes Young – We Won’t
- On An On – Drifting
- Gabrielle Aplin – Panic Cord – Hucci Remix
- Travis Mills – Young & Stupid
- Madilyn Bailey – Wildest Dreams
Global Top Discover Weekly Artists
- Sam Smith
- Imagine Dragons
- Tori Kelly