Denied! Words no one wants to hear but in Edgar Swamp’s new book, Glitch in the Machine, 99% of the people hear those words on a daily basis; Satirical, irreverent and sparing no one, Swamp takes a look at the direction America is taking, and the view isn’t pretty

Comment Off 45 Views

Denied! Words no one wants to hear but in Edgar Swamp’s new book, Glitch in the Machine, 99% of the people hear those words on a daily basis. Satirical, irreverent and sparing no one, Swamp takes a look at the direction America is taking, and the view isn’t pretty.

The year is 2025 and Floyd Jasper is working as a health insurance claims investigator. The only problem is the insurance is mandatory and all claims are denied, leaving patients with three options: pay the claim in full, set up a payment plan (with a 75% interest rate) or opt for termination with the help of Jasper’s Colt .45.

The United States has turned from a democracy into a ‘corporatocracy,’ where 99% of people live without the rights or protection of the government, leaving only 1% living at the top of the food chain. With rapid fire action, Glitch in the Machine takes readers into a future world gone mad where healthcare is denied, corporations control the government, food is filled with additives, preservatives and fillers, and research chemicals are for sale at the local corner store. And that’s just the start!

At the heart of Glitch in the Machine is a love story. Floyd is reunited with a former girlfriend only to discover someone wants him dead. As he races for his life, he comes to terms with his heart and what matters most to him in this life. In a world that’s totally off-balance, and the “good” guys are hard to differentiate from the “bad,” Swamp will have you questioning:

  • Health care reformation – who does it benefit and who, potentially, will be left behind
  • Research chemicals – just because they’re available over the counter doesn’t make them harmless.
  • Democrats and Republicans can’t agree on passing bills and shut down the government – it’s happened before and can happen again
  • Citizens United Bill of 2010 – allows for corporations and unions to spend unlimited amounts of money on ads and other tools calling for the election or defeat of individual campaigns
  • True love – would you follow your heart at any cost?

 

In addition to his newest release, Glitch in the Machine, Edgar Swamp, a pseudonym, is also the author of The Gyre Mission: Journey to the *sshole of the World. His previous works have appeared in Death Head Grin, Alienskin, Macabre Cadaver, and Urban Reinventers. He also works as a pet sitter and animal health care professional in San Diego, CA and is currently working on a new book based on his often humorous experiences working with animals.

Learn more about Swamp at www.edgarswamp.com and connect on Facebook, LinkedIn, Goodreads, Shelfari and LibraryThing.

Glitch in the Machine is available on Amazon, NetGalley and wherever books are sold.

###

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
In : Events

About the author

Editor of Don411.com Media website.
Free Newsletter Updated Daily