County offers post-holidays recycling tips to properly dispose of waste
SARASOTA COUNTY – With the holidays winding down, Sarasota County is offering its solid waste customers some helpful recycling tips to properly dispose of waste.
Following these tips will help to ensure the community remains litter-free, even with all the waste generated from holiday celebrations around Sarasota County.
- Boxes: cut boxes down to 2 feet by 3 feet, and recycle in your red bin.
- Lights: do not put lights in you recycling bin, instead take them to large hardware retail stores to be recycled.
- Styrofoam: dispose of the packing material in the garbage, and not your recycle bin.
- Wrapping paper: do not recycle foil or metal coated wrapping paper.
- Trees: remove lights and decorations, cut tree into 4 foot pieces, and place at the curbside on your normal collection day.
- Electronics: call 941-493-4100 to schedule curbside collection of old televisions and computer monitors.
For more information about recycling or solid waste disposal, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000 or visit www.scgov.net.