Sarasota, Fla. – (April 23, 2017) – Cat Depot’s first ever Kitten Shower and Donation Drive is taking place now through April 30, 2017 to support the non-profit shelter’s busiest season.
In 2016, Cat Depot took in 1,532 felines, of which 1,107 were kittens. Now in its fourth year, “No-Kill Kitten Season” is the organization’s promise that no kitten will be euthanized due to lack of shelter space in Sarasota County.
Costs associated with the intake, medical care, and sheltering of one healthy kitten can total $148 or more. Donations may be brought to Cat Depot or made securely online at www.catdepot.org.
How to Help:
• Sponsor a Kitten: Donations will provide food, shelter, and medical care for Sarasota County’s tiniest feline residents. For every $150 raised, Cat Depot will be able to care for one more kitten this year. http://bit.ly/2pTmYxV
• Bottle Baby (Kitten) Foster Kit: Each Bottle Baby Foster Kit purchased includes kitten formula with bottles, mom and kitten dry food, a warming disc or heating pad, food scale, and much more! These life-saving kits will be distributed to bottle baby fosters throughout the year allowing the kittens in their care to thrive and grow. http://bit.ly/2oBsVe4
• Fleece for Felines: Kittens require warmth and love! Donations towards the purchase of fleece for blankets will provide both of those things this kitten season. Blankets are used by shelter and clinic medical staff for cats who have recently undergone surgery, incoming kittens, and for TNVR (trap-neuter-vaccinate-return) projects. http://bit.ly/2oIjSv8
• Kitten Wish List: Help the over 1,000 kittens arriving at Cat Depot every year. Needed items for tending to orphan kittens from the kitten wish list can be purchased and shipped or dropped off to Cat Depot. http://bit.ly/2p9JqBW
• Become a Foster Parent: Cat Depot would not be able to save so many lives without its dedicated foster parents! The foster care program provides temporary safe and loving homes to kittens and cats until they can return to our center and be adopted by their new family. This program offers a second chance to many animals who would not thrive in a shelter environment. http://bit.ly/2p9yG6M
• Adopt: Visit Cat Depot to find your fur-ever family member today. http://bit.ly/2oimMbB
To thank the community for their support, Cat Depot will hold their Kitten Shower on Saturday and Sunday, April 29 & 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day. Activities will include games, children’s crafts, prize wheel, giveaways, raffle, foster ‘parent’ sign-up information, and the opportunity to interact with the shelter’s residents. For more information, please email [email protected].
About Cat Depot: Cat Depot, a non-profit, 501(c)(3) no-kill, free-roaming facility, is recognized for its progressive design and commitment to helping homeless, abandoned and injured animals. Cat Depot’s mission is to save lives, find loving homes, and provide the resources and education to improve the destiny of homeless cats. Cat Depot supports more than 130 cats and kittens on any given day.
Open Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Handicap accessible. Cat Depot located at 2542 17th Street, Sarasota, FL 34234. For more information, visit www.catdepot.org, or call (941) 366-2404.