Cat Depot Honors Volunteers during National Volunteer Week
With 18 Service Awards
Sarasota, Fla. – April 21, 2015 – Cat Depot honored its volunteers on Saturday, April 18, with a Volunteer Appreciation Night party at Cat Depot. Cat Depot staff ‘worked’ the event by serving dinner to thank the volunteers for their countless hours of dedication to the animals. Volunteers mingled and enjoyed a Mexican themed dinner along with door prizes and gifts. In 2014, Cat Depot volunteers contributed over 18,900 hours of service and average 176 active monthly volunteers.
The evening culminated with a presentation of 18 Service Awards. Award recipients were:
- Jeff Donahue- Mr. Fix It Award
- Mary Budd- Most Inventive Award
- Nancy Colby- A Friend for Friends Like Me Award
- Nancy Hambleton- Coin Bank Award
- Katie Norvell & Jim Liddell- On Call Service Award
- Gail Pellitteri- Fluff and Fold Award
- Peter Fender- Kitty Behavior Modification Award
- Bruce Konarske- Kitty Behavior Modification Award
- Martha McKlveen- IT Award
- Peggy Miller- Needle and Thread Award
- Robert Burns- Mr. Magic Award
- Cathy Worster- Tarp & Return Award
- Bobby Kittle & Rita Barsby- Glowing Guides Award
- Dana Burnett- Go To Award
- Nancy Ferraro- Volunteer Ambassador Award
- The Babcock Family- Baby Defender Award
- Amy Green- Baby Defender Award
- Dee Seymour- Ambassador Award
“We call them volunteers, but to our felines and Cat Depot team members, volunteers are heroes . . . heroes that make a difference and save lives,” said Lena Hernandez, volunteer coordinator. From small to tall, young and old, permanent or visiting residents, volunteers help Cat Depot with cleaning, laundry, dishes, animal transport, off-site events, fundraising, clinic assistants, medical data entry, reception, retail sales, cat socialization, adoption assistants, foster families, food bank, coin bank, photography, food prep, and education/lectures.
Anyone interested in volunteering, or seeking more information, should call Cat Depot at (941) 366-2404 or go to http://www.catdepot.org.
Cat Depot, a nonprofit, 501(c)3 no-kill, free-roaming facility, is recognized for its progressive design and commitment to helping homeless, abandoned and injured animals. Open seven days a week, Cat Depot’s mission is to save lives, find loving homes, and provide the resources and education to improve the destiny of homeless cats. Cat Depot is where compassion meets commitment.
Cat Depot supports more than 125 cats and kittens on any given day. Shop in our Cat Depot Supply and Gift Store specializing in cat supplies and unique gifts. Open Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Handicap accessible. Cat Depot is located at 2542 17th Street, Sarasota, Fla. 34234. For more information, go to www.catdepot.org, or call 941.366.2404.