Last night, the Academy of Country Music® kicked off the 4th ACM Party for a Cause® Festival at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds. Carrie Underwood headlined the special “ACM Women of Country Night” featuring an all-female lineup of performers on the Ram Trucks Main Stage including Cam, Kelsea Ballerini, Martina McBride, Kellie Pickler and Maddie & Tae as well as performances by Lauren Alaina, Kelleigh Bannen, Brandy Clark and Jana Kramer on the Cabela’s Stage.
Highlights from the first day and night included:
- Miranda Lambert made a surprise appearance to a roaring crowd during Carrie Underwood’s set to perform “Something Bad” alongside Carrie
- Lauren Alaina, Kelleigh Bannen, Jana Kramer and Kelli Picker all joined Carrie Underwood on stage for a big grand finale performing “Before He Cheats”
- Carrie Underwood performed two encore songs including “Smoke Break” and “Something in the Water”
- ACM CEO Bob Romeo presented Kelsea Ballerini with her ACM Award for New Female Artist of the Year in front of the crowd
- ACM CEO Bob Romeo presented Carrie Underwood on stage with the ACM Lifting Lives Gary Haber Award. She was chosen to receive this new award, named in honor of late ACM Lifting Lives Chairman Gary Haber, which was created by the ACM Lifting Lives Board of Directors to recognize a country music artist or industry professional who is committed to serving others, has a generosity of spirit and shows a dedication to helping those in need. Carrie Underwood, one of Haber’s longtime clients, was among the first artists to partner with ACM Lifting Lives, bringing much needed musical instruments to the public schools in her hometown, Checotah, OK.
The 4th ACM Party for a Cause festival will continue tomorrow with Dierks Bentley headlining the night while being joined on the Main Stage by Frankie Ballard, Lee Brice, Chris Janson, Dustin Lynch, Chris Stapleton and Chris Young. Earlier performances on the Party Stage will feature Chase Bryant, Chris Lane, Jackson Michelson and A Thousand Horses. On Sunday, April 3, Kenny Chesney will close out the festival with a full set after his performance on the 51st ACM Awards. Earlier in the evening, Brett Eldredge, Sam Hunt, Kip Moore, Chase Rice and Old Dominion will perform on the Main Stage, while Lindsay Ell, Maren Morris and Granger Smith will perform on the Party Stage.
Fans can still purchase single or three-day passes at www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket proceeds from the ACM Party for a Cause Festival benefit the Academy’s charitable arm, ACM Lifting Lives. Generous giving from fans, partnerships with artists, and corporate sponsors have allowed ACM Lifting Lives to support military programs that use music therapy to aid our veterans and wounded warriors, while providing funding to help them ease back into civilian life. Over $400,000 has been donated to various military organizations in just three years. For more information, visit www.ACMpartyforacause.com.