Who can apply? UPDATED!
Young violinists and violists age 8-18 who are Florida residents may apply. Those who submit a completed application, recommendation letter, and video audition MP4 file by the deadline will be considered to participate.
University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee (8530 N. Tamiami Tr., Sarasota, FL 34243)
Important Dates UPDATED!
– Sept. 22: Application, Recommendation, & Video Due (or postmarked by Sept. 19)
[NOTE CHANGE from original deadline of Sept. 5]
– Early October: Invitation to participate
– Nov. 12: Afternoon Workshop
– Rehearsal & Performance date TBA (between Dec. 28 and Jan. 1)
Administrative Fee for Participants
Upon performing a successful audition and being invited to participate:
– $50 per student for Manatee County and Sarasota County residents
– $100 per student for Out-of-county Florida residents
– Scholarship support is available on a need basis