Call For Submissions
The 7th annual Athena Film Festival will take place February 9-12, 2017 at Barnard College in New York City.
Film Submissions will be accepted through September 15, 2016. Submissions are free of charge. You will find our submission overview below and all the information on how to submit a film here.
We are looking for Documentaries, Features, and Shorts that:
- Reveal the diverse narratives of women leaders from all walks of life—narratives of ambition, courage, strength and resilience;
- Showcase women leaders who help us interpret the reality of the modern world—captivating stories of truth, determination, innovation and vision;
- Highlight the talents of emerging artists—capturing a new generation’s take on what truly makes exemplary women leaders.
Athena List Submissions will be accepted through September 15, 2016. Submissions are free of charge. You will find our submission overview below and all the information on how to submit a screenplay here.
What We Look For:
- Screenplays must include a strong woman character in a leadership role at the center of the story
- Screenplays should not objectify or stereotype women
- Screenplays can be written by a person(s) of any gender
- Screenplays written by women must still focus on women’s leadership
- Screenplays must be for a feature length film, 80 to 130 pages. (NO SHORTS ACCEPTED)
- Screenplays must have been workshopped in some capacity, whether through a lab or competition.
Important: The screenplay needs to be complete and ready for production. Do not submit a first draft.
The Athena Film Festival is committed to ensuring that filmmakers across the globe have the opportunity to become involved in our festival. We would greatly appreciate it if you could spread the word to others who you think would be interested in this opportunity.
Please email us at: [email protected] if you have any questions.